A lot of times when I get a new technical challenge at work, I go through this multi-step process:
- "Wow, I have no #$(*^&@# idea how to do that."
- "Wait, I might have an idea for how to do that."
- "No, what was I thinking, that was total crap."
- "I should probably quit and get a job milking Yaks in Croatia."
- "Wait a sec, what if I try...?"
- "This looks like it might work!"
- "Got it. Next?!"
This time's been no exception. I've been working out how to use a java library called DynamicReports to generate comma delimited files (CSV's) based on Grails services I had written previously. I went from no idea whatsoever how to use it, to building a nice little prototype that works just perfectly. Now to actually get the prototype code working in my actual production application.
I wonder how the weather is on Croatian dairy farms this time of year.
Kidding, I'm kidding. Mostly.