I've been struggling with a code problem with a side project for over a week now. Yesterday I met up with an old friend, C. for coffee and to get his help looking at the code problem.
We got together at a Panera, booted up our laptops, and banged away at the problem. After 90 minutes of trying different things, and a whole lot of cussing and research, we found the problem.
If you really want to know the issue, the Grails framework has different modes of operation. When I pushed coded up to the repository for my application host, the application was in production mode, and trying to update databases that didn't exist. I had to change the mode to create and drop the tables each time the application came up.
See I told you you wouldn't care.
But anyhow, the point of all this is that:
a) I'm grateful my friend helped me.
b) mistakes are often how you learn things. Now I know how to fix that problem.